Monday, July 17, 2006

The Fun of Portrait-Painting (Part 4)

This is a close-up of portrait-painting of Amos, my brother-in-Christ. He is my favourite model, who has a good, angular body form that shows masculinity. I often use him in my artworks, and enjoy fellowshipping with him during the painting sessions. In each session, he would pose for me for approximately three hours (of course taking breaks in between), and we would exchange thoughts about life, and our walk of faith with God.

I think this is another fun part of portrait-painting, where I can build relationships with other people, to know more about the person I am painting – about their spiritual growth, their job challenges, their struggles in life, their relationships with loved ones… This sharing process is also helpful, as maybe my painting would gradually show more of their personality…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»