Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Outdoor and Nature Series

My landscape scenery drawings are, by far, still quite limited, due firstly to the fact that I prefer to draw things that move - more challenging, I suppose. Secondly, as I am quite an introvert by nature, drawing in public can be quite an embarrassing experience for me... So usually I would stand, squat or hide at some small, unnoticeable corner to capture the scenery I want.
I remember drawing the rows of old houses in Little india with a few seniors from NAFA during my school years. The second work below - "Narrow Path, 2002" in linocut, done many years later, brings in some flavour of nostalgia...




2 comments:

Suyun said...

Wow! You actually manage to put in the personal photo! Sorry, I was not of much help. Glad to see your blog finally, really a great start! Jia You! God is good!

Wong Shih Yaw, Abraham said...

Reply to suyun:

Thanks for your encouragement too! I will keep going by the grace of God... :)