Monday, January 17, 2011

Story 24 (Step 1)

"Story 24", Acrylic On Canvas, 122cm x 92cm, Year: 2011.

My 8th solo exhibition is just over. Praise the Lord! I have sold out 9 paintings so far...

Right now I am longing for my first-born (don't know boy or girl yet???) to arrive, and also trying to do few pieces of paintings for another mid-year exhibition. As you can see - the above painting is one of my plans for that show – A “man” (actually is half-machine, half-man...) hungry for more $$$!!! The overall effect I want to show people, is a machine turned alive; and technically, I am also hoping that I can use acrylic paints to achieve oil-painting result (as my skin is sensitive to turpentine). Of course, deep down I know it is not easy to do so, but nothing is impossible, right? Only when you try...

2 comments:

As Fall Leaves Illustration said...

Looks great! You should consider using the new water based oils. I know that sounds like an oxymoron, "water based oils", but Windsor-Newton makes them. No turpentine necessary, just water, yet they paint just like oils. I've used them and they're not bad to use.

Kimberly said...

This is acrylic? It looks a lot like oil. Amazing work! I love it. :) Liquitex Slow-Dri Blending Gel makes acrylic work more like oil. That's what I use.