Friday, January 08, 2010

Story 9

"Story 9", Acrylic & Ink On Canvas, 122cm x 122cm, Year 2009.(Private Collection)

I can still remember earlier in year 1991, I first showed interest in bible (maybe it was because my best friend had done a lot of sharing with me about Jesus Christ), and I even bought my first bible from the bible house.
When I first read it, I found difficulty understanding most of the stories written in the bible... (it was after I became a Christian that I began to realize it was all because I did not believe in Jesus at that time, therefore I could not understand why Jesus could perform miracles, heal people, walk on the sea...). Only until I believed in Jesus, that everything written in the bible became real, true, alive and made sense! Amazingly, at the moment I believed Jesus and accepted him as my personal saviour, I felt somehow somewhere a perfect peace appeared deep in my heart, proving to me that I was already being saved, and had also become the son of God.
The above painting shows that all my sinful acts and behaviours (past, present and future) have been covered by Jesus blood, and God would not comdemn me and my lawless deeds anymore, because all my sins' punishments have already been put into Jesus' account.
Thank you, God!

No comments: