Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Moment Worth Remembering


I recalled casually browsing through some photos by my bedside cabinet on one recent morning, not long upon awakening. I soon came across a photo taken in the end of year 1991. In the photo, I was seen in the midst of baptism held on the rooftop balcony of a commercial building. (My previous church used to rent some rooms for service and Sunday school back then.)

There I was – half-immersed in a big water tank whilst attentively following Pastor Wee in prayer prior to the baptism. I can still remember that moment: my heart was so full of gratitude to God who had found me and saved me, and who had promised to be the Lord of my life. I was only 24 years old then, just started out to make a living…

As I was writing this article, my wife (much younger than me) was watching TV on the sofa. I curiously asked her what she was doing in year-end 1991, and she replied, “I was only studying in JC then.” We had a good laugh…

No comments: